Author Topic: Calling all ATV's!! Trailside 2010 Spring Fling is on - March 27th!  (Read 2901 times)

Trailside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This year's Spring Fling 2010 is Saturday March 27th.

Check out these pictures from LAST years run. http://www.trailsidemtnview.com/images/SpringFling2009/index.htm

Our cabins have been full so please call to check availability. Call 800-352-6339 pin 00.

We have plenty of gas and parking for your trailers.

Regular Gasoline: 10am - 10pm Sunday - Thursday and Friday and Saturday until closing.

Please check back often for updates. Ride safe out there, for everyone.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:56:15 AM by Trailside »

atv pilot

• View Profile
Re: Calling all ATV's!! Trailside 2010 Spring Fling is on - March 27th!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
We are bringing up a crew of people for the Poker run, just be smart! 1) make sure your machine is registered and insured  2) Go easy on the alchohol, and have fun.  Last year there were check points all around the roads leading to the Trailside.  We got stopped and I didn't have my current insurance card for 1 of the 5 atv's, I told the cop I have insurance on all my stuff, he still gave me a ticket.  He told me that if I do have insurance, then mail a copy of the insurance in they will throw out the ticket, which they did.
     Let's face it the state is broke-so how can they fundraise???? let's see tickets will get money out of residents, has anyone noticed the unusual amount of state troopers on the northway lately????  This will translate to all forms of recreation, boating, ATVing, snowmobiling.  I'm sorry will someone PLEASE take away this stupid soap box!

oldnnew

• "Temporarily Retired in 2009" Back in it 2014!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »

Keep your soap box, it makes for good discussion!  As far as increased ticket writing, etc., I don't disagree with them writing more, in fact, I like to see it.  Gives me more of a good feeling that they are out there doing their job.  I would rather have them get their money from law breakers than my taxes.  In your situation, you still got a ticket, but once you proved you actually had insurance, the ticket was dismissed.  Seems fair to me.  I know it's more B.S. that you have to deal with, but at least they kept their word.  On the snowmobiling side of things, I LOVE seeing check points out on the trail.  The more people that get tickets for no registration, insurance, or RWI (riding while intoxicated) makes it better for all of us.  Especially the RWI's.  I know that in our area (WNY), a lot of riders seem to just go out and ride from bar to bar, which has never made sense to me (unless it's for a poker run! ;).  Why would I spend $10,000 on a sled to ride it to a bar?  I (and a lot of other people that we ride with), tend to have a "no alcohol" policy while riding.  There are so many different dangerous situations that you can find yourself in on a sled, it isn't worth degrading my reaction time whatsoever.  I guess besides the small amount of time that it takes to be checked, it's really not a big deal.  If you abide by the law, no problems will be had.
Sorry Ron for hijacking this post....

I would love to attend this event at Trailside, unfortunately I don't have a 4-wheeler.  Maybe i'll take ATV Pilot's advice and run my Farmall H??? ;D
Current:
2001 A/C Triple Touring
1995 Yamaha Vmax DX 600
1988 Yamaha Sno-Scoot

Past:
1975 Arctic Cat Cheetah 440 (Modified)
2002 A/C ZL600 EFI SS
1999 A/C  ZL600 EFI
1980 Polaris TX440
1977 Kawasaki Sno-Jet 440
1972 A/C Panther 399

noflipside

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Don't think you need the ATV fo the poker run, we will be going from stop to stop in the car, that's if I get some work done at camp in the a.m. on SAT.

Oldnew, just make sure you have your SMV emblem on the back of the Farmall and your good to go.

p.s. ATV pilot, did you steal my soap box from the fire house ???????
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:29:32 AM by noflipside »
Ride's, Old & New
1973 Ski-Doo Nordic 640 ER
1989 Yamaha Bravo 250
2015 Ski Doo 600 e-TEC
2016 Ski Doo 600 e-TEC

atv pilot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »
I do agree with you, if your not doing anything wrong, or breaking the law-then you have nothing to worry about.  It always blows my mind that retards that traffic drugs up and down the thruway from Albany to NYC, drive 90 MPH and get stopped.  Then the police check the cars and find drugs-we have always said criminals are idiots.......I just wanted to get the word out if you were even thinking about taking a chance on running without registration or ins. or ATVing while driving, don't do it.

money